Hurley’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
Are you or a loved one in need of rehabilitation services following a hospital stay? Hurley Medical Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Center can help. Our team of skilled therapists and caregivers are dedicated to providing top-quality care to help you regain strength and independence.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, combined with individualized treatment plans, ensure that you receive the best possible care available. Our therapy services include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Language Pathology, all designed to help achieve your goals and get you back to your daily activities as quickly as possible.
Hurley Medical Center’s Premiere Inpatient Rehabilitation Program offers specialized rehabilitation focused on returning you to the life you want to be living. Our unique program offers:
- Neurological Rehabilitation: Our care team will work with patients to create a care plan to work with speech, swallowing and cognitive functions as well as strengthening and improving mobility. Some of the common diagnoses we see are Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and other conditions that affect the nervous system and the brain.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: Early intervention is key for trauma injuries, fractures, amputations and other orthopedic injuries. Our team will focus on improving mobility and function. We educate patients on wound care, medication administration, and prosthetic use.
- Stroke Rehabilitation: Committed to helping patients achieve their goals and regain independence, stroke rehabilitation often includes a variety of services. Our team will help to improve your function while working on some of the complications associated with stroke such as spasticity, one sided weakness, slurred speech and swallowing difficulties.
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation: Spinal cord injury rehabilitation can include many interventions. To optimize function, our team may need to work on cognitive and emotional needs, adaptive techniques, bowel and bladder management, and physical and occupational deficits. We will work with you to return you to your highest level of function and our care coordinator will set you up for a successful discharge.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation: Our highly skilled rehabilitation team will work with your child to help in achieving those milestones that are needed for success. They will work on cognitive and swallowing skills as well as any physical limitations. They will teach you how to work with your child and provide the best continuum of care following discharge.
- Additional Services: We offer a wide range of support services, including nutrition counseling, case management, physical medicine and rehabilitation physician (PM&R), neuropsychology, rehabilitation specific nursing, and transportation assistance. Our team is here to support you every step of the way on your journey to recovery.
Don’t let a hospital stay hold you back. Contact our hospital rehabilitation center today to learn more about how we can help you regain your strength and independence
For Direct Transfers please fax all pertinent clinicals and/or call HMC’s Rehab Liaison.
Office Number: (810) 262-6730
Fax Number: (810) 262-6140
Director of Rehabilitation Services
Office Number: (810) 262-8290
Fax Number: (810) 760-0845
Introducing Hurley’s new Mobility Lab! Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the latest technology in body weight support systems, designed to promote functional independence for those recovering from injury or illness. With our innovative equipment and experienced therapists, you’ll be able to achieve your physical goals and regain your independence. Don’t let injury or illness hold you back. Call us or have your case manager send us a referral today and take the first step towards a stronger, more independent you!
Hurley Medical Center’s Mobility Lab
Newly renovated Body weight Support System at Hurley’s State of the art Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility.
- Eliminates the fear of falling down
- Gives patients a boost of confidence
- Allows patients to challenge themselves with advanced therapies
- Creates a safe environment for balance, strength, and gait training
- Builds Confidence
- 100% safety from any fall related injuries