We’ve Been Looking For You
As one of Michigan’s premier teaching hospitals, Hurley is always on the lookout for gifted people determined to make a positive impact. If you share our commitment to patient and family-centered care and are ready to live out our core values of compassion, understanding and respect, we invite you to complete an online profile.
- What positions are available and how do I apply? All open positions are posted on our career site. You can search for and apply to positions online from the job board within the careers site. Simply use the link for open jobs.
- Can I just submit my resume? No, to be considered for a position you must fill out the online application in its entirety, although your resume can and should be uploaded as one of the steps toward registering as a new candidate. Any applications not completed in full, or those that are improperly submitted, will be disqualified from consideration.
- How do I know if my online application was received? After you have completed the application, please click “Submit Application”. When you click “Submit”, a confirmation message should appear. You will also receive an email confirming that your application was received.
- How do I check the status of my application?
You can monitor the status of your application by following these steps:
- Log in to the career site
- Click “My Applications” tab
As your application is processed, the status column will change to indicate where it is in the system. You might also receive communications from Human Resources concerning the disposition of your application.
- What happens if I forget my password and security questions?
If you forget your password, the system allows you to reset it, but only if you have previously answered the security questions. If you have not answered the security questions, contact Human Resources to obtain a temporary password.
To reset your password, access the career site and click Login.
- Click “Forgot Your Password”
- Type your user name and click “Continue”
- Answer security questions.
- Type your new password in the “New Password” field and in the “Confirm New Password” field, then click “Save”.
If the system fails to log you in, please contact Human Resources at 810-262-9140 for further assistance.
- What software browsers are required to complete an application?
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mobile/Tablet optimization
- Does Hurley Medical Center conduct a background investigation prior to employment? Yes, all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the new-hire screening and background investigation. This includes employment verification, work references, education verification and criminal background history. Offers of employment can be rescinded for falsification of your application.
- Where can I locate my offer letter?
If the hiring manager extends a verbal offer, you will receive an email with the offer letter attached. This letter can also be viewed on the offer review page, which can be accessed by the “Review Offer” link included in the offer email. The link allows you to accept or decline the offer by following these steps:
- Open the offer email, click “Review Offer”
- When the login dialog box appears, enter your Career Space user ID and password
- Select “I Accept the Offer” or “I Decline the Offer”, and click “OK”
- I’ve been scheduled for an Onboarding appointment. What information do I need?
Your recruiter will let you know what is required. The information will also be included in your offer letter.
Onboarding Appointment Documents:
- Review the List of Acceptable Documents for I-9 purposes and bring acceptable original documents to your appointment (attached to Offer letter).
- Please bring applicable licensure, certification, registration, and BLS Provider Card (if applicable).
- I’ve accepted my offer and completed my new-hire screening. What happens now?
Within 24 hours of accepting the offer, you will receive a “Pre-boarding” email. The Pre-Boarding Online Tour should be completed within 24 hours of receiving it. Upon completion of the background check, you will receive another email which will provide your HMC email address and temporary password. The temporary password should be reset as soon as possible.
All assigned tasks must be completed prior to the onboarding date. This includes laboratory results and background and criminal checks.