Trauma Recovery Center
Hurley Medical Center’s Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) is a program that offers FREE, CONFIDENTIAL help to individuals and families in Genesee County who have been impacted by violence.
Participants DO NOT have to report an incident to police or file criminal charges to access our services.
All it takes is one step to begin your better tomorrow. The Hurley Trauma Recovery Center is staff by professionals dedicated to helping you do just that. For help, call 810.262.7340 or email HurleyTRC@hurleymc.com.
TRC Serves Victims Of Crime
Including but not limited to:
- Gang violence
- Physical assault
- Sexual assault
- Domestic violence
- Elder abuse
- Child/Adolescent assault
- Car accidents due to a crime
- Human trafficking
How Does It Work?
The TRC team coordinates immediate crisis support alongside medical care, and follows up with patients after discharge. Most victims of violence struggle with these common responses in the aftermath of their experience:
- Trouble sleeping
- Trouble focusing at school or work
- Feeling afraid or on edge
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Guilt and frustration
- Flashbacks and nightmares
- Using alcohol or drugs to escape
- Loss of trust
- Loss of identity
- Lack of support
- New physical disabilities or limitations
These symptoms make it difficult to take advantage of services for which victims qualify, so the TRC team members accompany them and help wherever needed, providing:
- Emergency shelter
- Crisis and emotional support, including safety planning
- Food resources
- Mental health services, including therapy
- Legal support, including court advocacy, personal protection orders, victim compensation
Most importantly, TRC gives victims a familiar face to associate with during a time when they need it the most.
If you have been impacted by violence, the Trauma Recovery Center can help restore your well-being and rebuild your life.
For more information about Hurley’s Trauma Recovery Center, call 810.262.7340 or email us at HurleyTRC@hurleymc.com.