Adult Behavioral Health Unit
Experiencing a mental health crisis can make you feel alone and frightened. If you aren’t sure where to turn, Hurley’s Adult Behavioral Health Unit can help.
Our experienced mental health professionals provide inpatient treatment for adults coping with emotional, behavioral and psychiatric issues. We are committed to serving this region and take a comprehensive approach to treatment.
In our care setting, treatment plans are individualized for the specific needs of patients. Treatment programming is a balance between group treatments and rest. Both are necessary to encourage recovery. Treatments often include therapy, occupational and recreational therapy, and medication if needed. Since mental health issues often impact the entire family, we encourage family members to actively participate in the patient’s care.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric emergency, call 911 or visit the closest emergency room.
Hurley’s Adult Behavioral Health Unit accepts patients 24-hours a day. Referrals may be made by physicians, counselors, psychologists, social workers and mental health agencies. The decision to admit is made by a psychiatrist.
Adults experiencing one or more of the following should be considered for referral:
- Suicidal/homicidal thoughts/self-harming behaviors/threats or actions
- Outbursts of anger or violence
- Expressions of guilt, hopelessness or anxiety
- Co-occurring disorders (i.e. substance abuse, medical issues)
- Prolonged depression or negative outlook/self-esteem/life stressors
- Challenges coping with problems or daily activities
We accept admissions 24 hours a day. To make a referral, please call (810) 262-7388.
Visiting Adults in the Inpatient Units
Our visiting hours are: Tuesdays/Saturdays/Sundays: 6:00pm-7:15pm
For safety and security reasons, visitors must follow these guidelines:
- Only 2 visitors will be allowed at a time for each patient.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years old.