SMS Texting Program – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to anyone who agrees to receive informational text messages from or on behalf of Hurley Medical Center and its affiliated clinics. (HMC et al.)
- When you opt-in to the service, HMC et al. will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup. Also by texting us, you agree to receive text messages from us.
- This messaging service is used to send you notifications about health and wellness, such as: updates related to your visits, Hurley MyChart account, one-time passcode, billing notifications and care management.
- By agreeing to receive text messages, you agree that the mobile phone number is yours and that you have permission to use that mobile phone number.
- You can stop getting text messages from us at any time. You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again. For assistance or questions about text message alerts, text HELP to the short code or contact us at 810-262-9766.
- Text messages between you and us (or others working for us) may not be encrypted. This means that they may be unsecured and other people could read them. It is important that you keep your mobile phone protected. You should protect your mobile phone with a passcode. You understand that we are not responsible for the release of personal information once you agree to receive text messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us or to us from you. Message frequency will vary based upon your specific healthcare needs.. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. Carriers are not liable for delayed of undelivered messages.
- We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted to our website. You agree to review those terms and conditions often to be sure you are aware of any changes.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must immediately stop texting Hurley Medical Center and its affiliates and opt-out as described above.