What is EpicCare Link?
EpicCare Link is Epic’s (Hurley EMR) web-based application for connecting Hurley Medical Center to the community practices that do not utilize Epic as their EMR. Through EpicCare Link, qualifying community providers/organizations are provided with a secure view-only access to their patient information in the Hurley Electronic Health Record. EpicCare Link helps us improve the continuity of care in our community.
Sample of Qualifying Organizations:
- Hurley Medical Center’s physicians with staffing privileges
- Hurley Medical Center’s referring physicians
- Community-based care partners, including nursing homes, dialysis centers, ambulance companies, and long term facilities.
With Hurley Medical Center's EpicCare Link, you can:
- Maintain continuity of care for your patients with Hurley Medical Center
- View your patient’s Hurley electronic medical records, including hospitalizations, emergency visits, specialist referrals, and other information.
- Access face sheet and demographic information required for billing purposes
- Review real-time clinical data, including radiology and procedure reports, hospital discharge summaries, current medication lists, and may other chart items.
Each EpicCare Link user must submit a separate request for access. Please allow 10-14 business days for processing.Login
- New Organizations
You are required to have an EpicCare Link agreement with Hurley Medical Center prior to requesting access for any of your users. NOTE: Only the Business Owner or Resident Agent can fill out this form, all others will be rejected unless proof can be given for authority to sign for the group.
- Existing Organizations - User Updates
Please submit this form for every user needing access.
(New users, user updates, deactivation of users, etc.)
- Existing Organizations - Update Site Administrator
If you need to replace the user(s) that you had selected to authorize all future requests for your organization.
- General Request
If none of the above options apply to you please submit a general request.
EpicCare Link Help & Instructions
This will be the site for all New Contracts and Updates to contracts. All requests must be submitted through Hurley’s EpicCare Link website. Faxed or emailed forms are no longer a valid way to gain access.
IMPORTANT: This form can only be filled out by the Business Owner. The contract will be denied if someone other than the business owner fills out the request unless proof is provided that the person filling out the form has authority to sign on behalf of the organization.
New Organization Requests
- For requesting access for a new organization without a contract please go to ‘Request Access’ and click ‘New Organization’
- Clicking ‘New Organization’ will take you to Hurley’s Docusign process. The first screen that will come up is the ‘PowerForm Signer Information’ screen. This form needs to be filled out by the Business Owner, please make sure you are using your full legal name and the best email to contact you at. The contract will be denied if someone other than the business owner fills out this information. Once complete, click Begin Signing.
- Once ‘Begin Signing’ has been clicked, you will be prompted to Verify Your Identity. This is for the person entered in the initial PowerForm Signer Information screen. The name entered and the name on the ID must be an exact match on the ID used. Active Driver’s License/ID Card or an active Passport are valid forms of ID. Once the type of ID being used is chosen, you will be prompted to enter in a mobile phone number to send a photo of the ID to Docusign to verify Identity. Docusign will send a text message with a link that will take you to the correct page on your mobile device to submit an ID photo. Please follow the photo instructions to guarantee proper validation. **(Please do not close the webpage for Docusign during this process as you will complete the form on the same page)**
- Once the photo has been Validated, return back to the Docusign webpage on the computer and there will be an ‘Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure’ to agree to. Once the agreement box is checked, click ‘Continue’ to fill out the New Organization Form. All fields outlined in Red must be filled out for this contract to be valid once submitted.
- For the ‘Physician or Group’ section - Enter in the legal business name of the organization (This will be checked by Hurley Legal team against the Department of Leasing and Regulatory Affairs -LARA- records to validate)
- For the ‘Individual/s Authorized to Approve Access on behalf of the Group’ section – Enter in any Employees/Users you would like to have Admin privileges for this group and the best phone/email to get in touch with the Organization. Only the Admins and Business Owner are allowed to make alterations and updates to the contract and users once approved. The admin is usually an Office Manager.
- For the ‘Group’ section – The Business Owner will sign the first line and enter in the relationship to the organization on the ‘Its’ Line. A group agreement number will be assigned once the contract is approved by Hurley’s Legal team. You will need to keep this group number handy for all future updates for your group.
- Once the form is completed with all the necessary information, click ‘Finish’. (We suggest saving a copy of the newly submitted form for future reference.) Once Finished, a request will be sent automatically to the Hurley EpicCare Link team for review and Legal processing. This process can take up to 2 weeks and an email will be sent out to the business owner once all has been approved with the group number. This completes the process for New Organizations requesting EpicCare Link access with Hurley.
New User Requests
- Once you have a Group number for your Organization, the next step is to complete the form in the Existing Organizations- User Updates section. The Group’s Admin/Authorized user fills out this form. You will need to know your group number assigned from the New Organization process. This step is for requesting end user access to use Epic Care Link.
- The top half of the form is for the Authorized user’s information.
- Then fill out the information requested for the new user
- Enter the type of user update being requested and what type of organization you are.
- Once complete and Signed by the Admin/Authorized User, click Submit.
- This will automatically create a ticket for the EpicCare Link team at Hurley. Please allow up to 14 business days to get new users created. To speed up the process, make sure all fields are filled out by the Authorized user. The user can’t fill out this form for themselves.