Maternal Infant Health Program
Contact Me About Maternal Infant Health Program Download MIHP Flyer
The Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) is Michigan’s largest, evidence-based home visitation program for Medicaid eligible pregnant women and infants.
- MIHP promotes healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes, and healthy infant growth and development. The long-term goal of the MIHP is to reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality.
- MIHP services are designed to supplement regular prenatal/infant care and to assist healthcare providers in managing the health and well-being of the mother and baby.
- Medicaid enrolled pregnant women and/or primary caregivers and their infants up to 12 months are served in their homes by a team of registered nurses, licensed social workers, registered dietitians, infant mental health specialists and lactation consultants.
- Assistance is provided to help families support their basic needs, prenatal and parenting education, and referrals to community resources.
- Breastfeeding education and lactation support.
For more information on Hurley’s Maternal Infant Health Program, call 810-262-9317 or visit https://www.michigan.gov/mihp/.