From its founding in 1908, Hurley Medical Center has devoted itself to bringing innovative, leading-edge technology and medical services to Flint and Genesee County. From our expertly trained physicians and nurses to our highly innovative technology to our state-of-the art facilities, Hurley is widely recognized as a medical center of exceptional excellence.
Hurley is particularly known for such distinguished programs as:
- Level I Trauma Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Paul F. Reinhart Emergency Trauma Center
- Center for Joint Replacement, a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Nationally-accredited Breast Cancer Program
- Kidney Transplantation Partnership with Henry Ford Health System
- Hurley Diabetes Center
- Nationally-recognized Dietetic Internship Program
- Hurley Bariatric Center
Children: A Hurley Priority
For our region’s children, Hurley Children’s Hospital is recognized as the undisputed leader in caring for babies and children. We have the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in the region, as well as the only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Children’s Emergency Department, and Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine.
We offer the region’s only home-based pediatric Asthma Disease Management Program, recipient of a national EPA award in 2009. We have one of only six board-certified child abuse centers in the state and our Injury Prevention team, checks and replaces car seats, and distributes thousands of free bike helmets and smoke detectors every year.
Hurley’s Center for Health Outcomes fights childhood obesity and our Diabetes Education Programs —the largest in Genesee County—teach kids how to manage as well as prevent diabetes. And since 1991, Hurley has been designated a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, a national network of outstanding pediatric hospitals.
Taking Steps to Make our Community Healthier
Genesee County is among the least healthy counties in Michigan. This is unacceptable and we have made it our mission to change it.
- Hurley Center for Health Outcomes teaches the people of our community how to manage and even prevent obesity, diabetes, asthma, injuries, child abuse, high blood pressure, smoking, and many more health concerns.
- To increase our community’s access to healthy food, we’ve created a Hurley Community Garden on the grounds of the hospital.
- We aggressively combat diabetes with Genesee County’s largest group of diabetes education programs for adults, children, and pregnant women.
- Asthma is far too common in our area, afflicting thousands of children and adults. Our home-based Asthma Disease Management Program is the only one of its kind in the region, showing proven results in reducing missed school, admission to the hospital, and deaths due to asthma.
Making Excellent Healthcare More Accessible
As we anticipate the coming changes in health care, Hurley is exploring new ways to provide our community with the medical care they need. Using new EPIC electronic medical records, patients’ information is immediately obtainable, regardless of where they go for care. My Chart makes their health record completely accessible and transparent for them online.
Ready for the Future Today
Hurley Medical Center is more committed than ever to providing the most innovative, highest quality patient- and family-centered care to everyone who needs us, now and in the future. As the health care needs of our communities change, we will find new ways to help them stay healthy and out of the hospital. We will constantly update and expand our essential services that are our marks of excellence and which the people of our communities count on when they are seriously ill or injured. And we will remain steadfastly committed to our patients, their families, and our staff in living out our core values of courtesy, caring, and compassion.