Sleep Diagnostic Center
Hurley Sleep Diagnostic Center is a six-bed sleep lab accredited by American Academy of Sleep Medicine since 1995. For accreditation, the lab has to meet or exceed all the standards of excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
The diagnosis and excellent treatment starts with:
- Testing suites set up like a bedroom with cable TV, dimming lights, a private bathroom and shower
- Registered/certified polysomnography technicians monitoring our patients
- State-of-the-art testing equipment and a central monitoring station
- Tests interpreted by physicians who are board certified in Sleep Medicine, as well as Pulmonary and Pediatric Neurology
What Are Sleep Studies?
Sleep studies allow doctors to measure how much and how well you sleep. They also help show whether you have sleep problems and if you do, how severe they are. Some conditions diagnosed are sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia, parasomnias and Restless Leg Syndrome.
Diagnosis and Treatment for All Types of Sleep Disorders
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
How are sleep studies performed at Hurley?
Patients sleep in comfortable bedrooms while they are connected to a polysomnograph machine that measures their heart, muscle, breathing and eye and brain function. Patients are monitored continuously by our technicians.
Do you need a sleep study?
- Do you regularly have difficulty getting to sleep or staying asleep?
- Have you been told that you snore?
- Has anyone ever told you that you have pauses in breathing or that you gasp for breath while you sleep?
- Are your legs “active” at night? Do leg jerks disturb your sleep?
- Are you so tired when you wake up in the morning that you cannot function normally during the day?
- Does sleepiness and fatigue persist for more than two weeks?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, speak with your doctor about having a sleep study.
For more information or to schedule an appointment
Hurley Sleep Diagnostic Center
1125 S. Linden Road
Flint, MI 48532
Phone: (810) 262-2120
Fax: (810) 230-3394