Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Ihab Saab, MD
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Area of Practice
Breast reconstruction, trauma reconstruction, peripheral nerve surgery, lymphatic surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, cosmetic surgery
For more information, or to schedule an appointment use the links below or call 810-262-8360.
About Dr. Saab
Dr. Ihab Saab is double board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and General Surgery. He offers a wide range of plastic and reconstructive surgeries. He specializes in cutting edge microsurgical techniques with multiple applications. His interests include: helping patients with breast cancer feel whole again through their journey of recovery; restoring maximal function through limb salvage so that patients can perform activities of daily living independently, including finger and hand replants in cases of trauma and complex soft tissue reconstruction to upper and lower limbs; and helping amputees conquer their chronic nerve and phantom limb pain with cutting edge surgical techniques.
Dr. Saab finished his medical school training at the American University of Beirut and completed his General Surgery residency and Plastic Surgery fellowship training at Henry Ford Hospital in Michigan. He is passionate about surgical education and he is a clinical instructor in the Department of Surgery at Michigan State University.
He offers reconstruction for a variety of problems, including:
- Breast reconstruction for cancer patients following lumpectomies and mastectomies including implant based reconstruction and autologous reconstruction (using your own skin and fat to reconstruct a breast such as a DIEP flap surgery), breast neurotization (provide sensation to the reconstruction), oncoplastic breast reduction, breast reduction for symmetry, and nipple reconstruction
- Lymphatic microsurgery (lymphovenous bypass and lymph node transfers) to improve or prevent lymphedema, a form of limb swelling, in patients following certain breast cancer surgeries that required axillary lymph nodes to be removed
- Facial wound repair following Mohs surgery for skin cancers and traumatic injuries resulting in loss of facial skin and soft tissue
Limb Salvage and Reconstruction and Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Targeted muscle reinnervation for patients with upper and lower extremity amputations to reduce phantom limb pain and improve functionality of prosthetics
- Limb saving microsurgeries which use patients’ own tissues (fat, skin, and muscle) to cover open wounds as an alternative to amputation in certain traumatic and non traumatic injuries
- Hand surgery including repairing fractures, dislocations, nerves, vessels, tendons, and skin/soft tissue loss from traumatic injuries such as crush injuries, cuts, and severe burns
- Elective hand and wrist surgery for trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, wrist and finger arthritis, and Dupuytren’s contractures
Trauma and Burn Reconstruction
- Craniofacial reconstructive surgeries following traumatic injuries including jaw reconstruction, orbital bone (around the eye) repair, nasal reconstruction and complex facial cranial fractures ( Le Fort fractures)
- Reconstruction of complex hand and lower extremity injuries
- Scar release in patients with severe burn scarring
Breast augmentation with implants
- Enhances breast size and shape using silicone or saline implants.
- Personalized approach to determine the ideal implant size and placement.
- Achieves natural-looking results that align with the patient’s aesthetic goals.
- Alleviates physical discomfort and improves breast proportions.
- Removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the breasts.
- Relieves back, neck, or shoulder pain caused by heavy breasts.
- Addresses sagging breasts.
- Removes excess skin, lifts the breasts to a more youthful position.
- Reshapes surrounding tissue for a more youthful contour.
- Can be combined with other procedures for comprehensive results.
Facial cosmetic surgeries
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Eye lift and removal of bags around the eyes (blepharoplasty)
Body contouring procedures following massive weight loss
- Arm lift
- Lower body lift
- Medial thigh lift
Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
Body Contouring After Weight Loss
Please join us for this replay of a live Hurley Healthy Living Event, where Dr. Ihab Saab discusses options for body contouring after weight loss.