National Diabetes Prevention Program
A Wellness Program for People with Prediabetes
Get the information and support you need to reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes by 58%. With the National Diabetes Prevention Program, type 2 diabetes can be avoided or delayed through moderate weight loss and regular physical activity. Learn more about this CDC-led program on their website.
Can I participate?
To qualify for the program, you must be overweight and at high risk for developing diabetes, or overweight and have been diagnosed by a physician as someone with prediabetes.
Am I at risk?
Your doctor can tell if you are at risk. He/she can determine your risk through a blood test with one of the following results:
- Fasting plasma glucose between 100-125 mg/dl
- A1C between 5.7% and 6.4%
- 2-hour Plasma Glucose between 140-199 mg/dl
In addition, a combination of risk factors such as family history, overweight, gestational diabetes, and elevated cholesterol may also put you at risk. Take a self-evaluation and assess your risk today.
- DPP is a year-long program
- Class is 16 weeks followed by 6 monthly sessions
- Call 810-262-2310 or email PreventDiabetes@hurleymc.com to register