Nurse Family Partnership
Give Your Maternal Instincts a Boost
You catch yourself gazing lovingly into your baby’s eyes–again–and then it dawns on you. Despite nine months of preparation, you feel like a complete rookie. Welcome to the club!
Becoming a mom for the first time is by far the hardest job you’ll ever love. In acknowledgement of the challenges first-time moms face, Hurley Medical Center offers the Nurse Family Partnership. This free program matches you with a registered nurse for advice, guidance, support and a good laugh when you need it most. The program goes on until your baby reaches the age of 2 and is available to first-time moms who meet the following criteria:
- pregnant with their first child
- less than 29 weeks along at the time of registration
- income level falls within requirements
- reside in an eligible service area
This FREE program provides you all the resources you need to nurture the kind of healthy pregnancy that yields a healthy baby.
Bring Out Your Inner Mom
Under the mentorship of your personal nurse, you’ll:
- learn and practice things that build maternal confidence like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and more
- get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in our community
- continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future
If you qualify, don’t forget to call 810.262.6239 to enroll for a Nurse Family Partnership. Look at that! You’re already doing what’s best for baby.