Center for Reproductive Medicine
If you are having a hard time getting pregnant, The Center for Reproductive Medicine at Hurley Medical Center can make your dream of having a baby a reality.
One of the most successful reproductive centers in the country
Hurley Center for Reproductive Medicine at Hurley Medical Center is a committed team of specialized physicians, embryologists, nurses, and administrative personnel who are dedicated to assisting couples achieve their goal of attaining a family while maintaining the highest quality care in a personal, intimate setting.
One of the largest reproductive centers in Michigan, The Center for Reproductive Medicine is known for its pregnancy results which consistently are among the highest in the nation. In 1994 "The Center for Reproductive Medicine" was ranked among the top 10 fertility clinics in the United States by U.S. News & World Report (U.S. News & World Report, 12/3/94). All fertility treatment options approved by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology are available in our Center, and our IVF laboratory offers the most advanced techniques available anywhere.
Outstanding pregnancy statistics
The Center for Disease Control publishes IVF (in vitro fertilization) statistics for all fertility clinics across the country. Our statistics are among the highest in Michigan and also the United States.
At the forefront of fertility research
At The Center for Reproductive Medicine at Hurley Medical Center, we routinely conduct high-quality research to improve our results and eliminate side effects caused by infertility treatment. Some have been pharmaceutical, FDA-approval studies, and others investigator studies. Many manuscripts and abstracts have been published in peer review journals. From time to time The Center for Reproductive Medicine conducts studies that are
For medical professionals
Timely referrals for infertility are critical for successful outcomes. Many cases of infertility–when treatment is delayed in order for the patient to consult with a specialist–may lose precious years during which help could have been offered and a happy ending hopefully achieved.
We strongly suggest:
- Women < 35 years old: fertility evaluation after 12 months’ failure to achieve pregnancy
- Women 35-39 years old: evaluation after 6 months’ failure to achieve pregnancy
- Women >= 40 years old: immediate evaluation
What is infertility?
Infertility is a woman’s inability to get pregnant within 12 months if she is 35 years old or less. For women 35 and above, an infertility diagnosis has to be investigated after only 6 months of trying natural intercourse.
- Endometriosis –Endometriosis is a disorder that can cause adhesions in the pelvic organs, which can lead to infertility.
- Fallopian tube factor – Infertility might be caused by fallopian tubes that aren’t functioning properly, which can be a result of scarring from previous surgery, previous pelvic infection, or previous tubal ligation.
- Male factor – In 40% of infertility cases, the cause is the male’s sperm: either the number, the shape, or the ability of the sperm to swim.
- Ovulation – A problem with ovulation might be causing infertility. This can be a result of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or other hormonal disorders.
- Unexplained infertility – Sometimes there is no clear cause.
What services does The Center for Reproductive Medicine offer?
- Evaluation and diagnosis of male and female infertility
- Evaluation and treatment of recurrent miscarriage
- Evaluation and treatment of congenital anomalies of female genital tract
- Evaluation and treatment of endometriosis and Uterine fibroids
- Ovulation induction
- Treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOS)
- Intrauterine insemination
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (In Vitro Fertilization or IVF)
- Egg freezing
- Embryo storage
- Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (PGS) and Diagnosis (PGD)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Treatment of recurrent miscarriage
- Endoscopic surgery for endometriosis and uterine fibroids
- Tubal ligationreversal
- Hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery for uterine abnormality
- Robotic surgery for uterine fibroids
What services does the laboratory at The Center for Reproductive Medicine offer?
- Hormone testing
- Semen analysis and sperm preparation for IUI (intrauterine insemination)
- ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology)
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
- Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (PGS) of embryos
- Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) of embryos
- Assisted hatching
- Freezing of sperm, eggs
- Fertilization of egg, embryos
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact:
Center for Reproductive Medicine
Two Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503
phone (810) 262-9714
fax (810) 762-7040
*We accept most health insurance plans