Senior & Caregiver Workshop
This free event will provide information that can help you keep you and your loved ones safe, happy and healthy! Complimentary continental breakfast & lunch will be served. There are a limited number of respite care vouchers available to attend event; call VAAA at (810) 239-7671.
- Hurley Senior Center of Excellence
- How to Recognize & Avoid Scams and Elder Abuse, with Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell
- Advance Directives Information
- Dr. Archelle Georgiou, “Getting the Medical Care You Want & Need”
Breakout Sessions Include
- Alzheimer’s Disease Information
- Managing Caregiver Stress
- Keeping Your Loved One Safe
- Bed & Bathing Tips & Tricks
- Proper Lifting Techniques (Save Your Back)
- When & How to Choose a Care Facility
Keynote Speaker - Dr. Archelle Georgiou
Book signing is available!
For interpreting services for this event, please call (810) 262-7275.