Diabetes Education Programs
Our diabetes education programs help you manage your diabetes so you can
Our diabetes education program is the largest in Genesee County and our classes are recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) as quality self-management diabetes education programs.
We offer three different Diabetes Education Programs:
1. Adult Diabetes Education Program - at the Hurley Diabetes Center - (810) 262-2310
2. Diabetes During Pregnancy Education Program - (810) 262-9126
3. Pediatric Diabetes Education Program - (810) 262-6162
All programs work with you to teach you how to manage your diabetes yourself. They teach:
- What diabetes is
- What puts you at risk for getting diabetes
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Diabetes medicines, including insulin pump
- How to stay healthy with diabetes
- What to eat
Help with a doctor or insurance
Your doctor needs to order diabetes education. If you don’t have a doctor, we can help you find one. Many insurance companies will cover diabetes education. If you do not have insurance, or if your insurance will not cover diabetes education, Hurley Medical Center will help you get the care and education you need.
For diabetes classes, click here.
For diabetes support groups, click here.
For a list of helpful resources, click here.