We value employees not only for what they do, but for who they are. Our team members possess more than good qualifications. They’ve learned the art of caring–and we’re not talking about some bullet point on a job description. We’re talking about a way of life, ingrained into our culture. These are the Hurley values. This is how we work.
(Place PDF file here that calls out the following copy)
I work together with the rest of the Hurley Team to make safety a priority.
- I report opportunities for improvement through SHARE.
- I participate in quality, safety and other improvement efforts.
- I will help you do your job the safest way possible and trust that you will help me. (I have your back; you have mine.)
- I utilize agreed-upon error prevention techniques.
I interact positively with others.
- I follow the 5ft/3ft principle, which means that when a customer is five feet away from me, I smile. When a customer is three feet away from me, I say “hello.”
- I introduce myself, and my name badge is visible to others.
- I address others using their preferred name.
- I speak highly of the Hurley Team and the services we provide.
- Before leaving a patient, I ask if anything else is needed.
I keep others informed.
- I include patients, families and others when making and changing plans.
- I answer questions and provide reasons for delays; if I don’t know the answer, I will seek it out and follow-up.
I am the patient experience.
- I respect patient privacy.
- I help maintain a healing (clean, quiet, and safe) environment.
- I respond in a timely manner.
- I apologize when things don’t go as planned.